- 28 Jul
Part-time Social Media Specialist Needed
Note: This position has been filled, although the blog post will remain here for historical purposes.
A Client of ionadas local is looking for a Social Media Specialist. This is a part-time position expected to require approximately ten hours per week, although additional hours are likely needed the first few weeks. This position is ideal for a current student looking for real-world experience in using social media commercially. It also might be of interest to a college graduate looking to break into the social media industry.
The Client is a producer and marketer of premium tequilas that is in the midst of a rollout to the U.S. market. The job is located in Austin, Texas. The Client is not interested in telecommuters at this time.
Initial screenings for the position will be provided by ionadas local staff. Final interviews and the hiring decision will be made by the Client. Training in the proper use of social media for commercial purposes will be provided to the one hired.
To apply for this position, please send your resume via email to email@example.com with the Subject Line “Social Media Specialist, August 2009”. No calls please.
The job description is as follows:
Social Media Specialist
Do you tweet and use Facebook all day, everyday? Is building social community so influential to your life that you just can’t stop? Do you understand why blogging and feeds are important? This job seeks a highly a motivated individual with experience and fanatical passion for blogging, micro-blogging and community participation as well as leadership.
The Social Media Specialist is focused on implementing, managing and expanding the Client’s Social Media Strategy and advocating Client’s Products to external communities. He or she will identify influential opportunities and engage regularly with the Client’s audiences online. This person will work with the Client’s Marketing Assistant to ensure that all Web 2.0 communications match the Client’s established tone, philosophy and strategy. He or she will monitor discussions across a number of blogs, forums and Web 2.0 sites, engaging as the Client’s public representative when appropriate.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate social media outreach and viral campaigns to promote Client messages that increase awareness and/or drive traffic to the Client’s site.
- Establish and cultivate positive relationships with key/targeted bloggers.
- Develop and manage pages on popular consumer social networking sites as specified in the social media strategy; such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Engage in regular participation within the Client’s customer community, including the review of blogs, forums, wikis and other communities.
- Track and monitor the success of online initiatives (i.e. impressions, reach, influence and other metrics) and provide regular reports to the Client’s marketing team.
- Educate staff on the implementation and use of new technologies.
- Promote and evangelize social media activities internally.
- Serve as the eyes and ears of the Client’s brand as if his or her own reputation depended upon it.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong familiarity and efficiency with Twitter, Facebook, and other such social media outlets.
- Upper classman or graduate. Business, communications, or liberal arts majors/degrees preferred.
- At least twenty-one years of age.
- Knowledge of/experience in the distilled spirits industry is desired.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish is a plus.
- Flexible communication skills. Strong editorial writer.
- Able to present needs and plans internally and has a distinct, personable voice for external engagement.
- Eagerness to exceed objectives and take on more responsibility than may be issued.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to manage negative situations toward positive outcomes.
- Willingness to experiment and ability to deal with uncertainty.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
About the Author